Kara Tyler: Partner, Financial Consultant
Kara has 10 years of experience working in the financial services industry and has had the opportunity to work in many industries from Arts Management to Non-Profits to International Multi-Currency Law Firms. From working for both large corporations like Wilmer Hale, LLC in DC and small startups here in PG County, Kara has developed a unique approach to finance which focuses on the management and business needs of the owners. She is extremely flexible and excited to be working in a field which can both ease the burden of business owners and help those trying to get ahead.
Fighting Monkey Financial Services offers high-level bookkeeping and analysis for owner-operated businesses and law firms. We currently work with a range of clients, from private business-people who simply need help staying on track with their bills, investments, and debts to large corporations with multiple offices who require complicated financials including internal and external invoices.
Our goal is to provide you with the highest of level service and to help your business run as efficiently as possible, which includes keeping our costs as low as possible too. FMP provides short-term or long-term arrangements as well as ad hoc assistance. Our pricing varies by project and if you expect that you will need a long-term arrangement, we are happy to work out an on-going retainer as opposed to an hourly rate to help keep costs down.
The following is a sample of the services we provide:
- Creating systems to track Accouts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Creating invoicing policies and procedures
- Monthly processing of AP, AR, invoices, and standard reporting
- Advanced Progress and Productivity Reporting
- Reconciling bank accounts and credit card statements
- Monthly and daily reconciliations in preparation for posting to the GL
- External audit services for current books or previous years’ books for tax preparation
- Analysis of working capital
- Budget creation, restructuring, management, and analysis
- Forecasting based on trend analysis and future economic expectations
- Credit score help and debt planning
- Ad hoc processing and reporting
- Assistance during IRS audits
- Processes and Procedures implementation
- Other services as needed